Where are you based and how far will you travel? I am based in North London and am prepared to work with clients face-to-face throughout the UK and also abroad if on a virtual platform e.g., Zoom or MS Teams.
Are you a Therapist?
No, I am a Chartered Occupational Psychologist with 16-years experience working with children, teenagers and adults on a 1-2-1 and group basis to support breaking down barriers they may be faced with, in a positive and constructive way. I utilise art in sessions as a means of allowing my clients an alternative way of expressing themselves.
How are Therapeutic Art Sessions different to Art Classes?
1. Therapeutic art sessions take place in a safe and confidential space as opposed to in a classroom or studio space,
2. Facilitated by a Chartered Psychologist as opposed to an Art teacher,
3. Main goal is self-expression rather than to learn how to make something,
4. Art supplies are used as tools for self-expression rather than to accomplish the set task
5. There is no right or wrong way to make things or to use art materials, as opposed to there being a certain
recommended technique or a right way to do things,
6. The focus is usually on the creative process, rather than the final product
7. Artwork is used as a tool for communication, rather than evaluated for its design